Saturday, January 29, 2005

Las Vegas, city of sin. We are playing you now.

Out of San fran, I arrived in the city of sin at roughly 130am. Exiting the transit centre. I headed out into the unfamilar settings of Las vegas, baby! I looked all around, placing my very large suit case and travel bags down. Breathing out aloud, I saw a taxi pull right up in front of me. The driver jump straight out and walk straight past me. Ignoring my pleas for a cab, I looked a bit perplexed, shrugged and looked around for another cab. Noticing this very large white unmarked van, this guy walks from behind the van and asks me if I want a cab? I tell him, sure do mate. He looks me up and down and tells me he'll go get him out of the transit centre. I nod, thinking seems a bit weird. About 5mins passes and out the guy comes again. Telling me the taxi driver is too busy, but If I want a lift in his van, he can do it. I look this guy up and down, look at the unmarked van. I think to myself, no matter how good I think I am in defending myself. there could be 3 guys in the back of that van and this guy could have a shotgun. I tell him, mate thanks for the offer. I've been taken in and driven around by complete strangers wanting to be friendly. But, today I'll pass. I grab a cab and hit my place of stay. Thanks though for the offer. Lets say my spider senses were tingling.

I then turned left, noticing the taxi rank was a good 20-30 feet away I started to walk across the road, when out of no where this little old guy comes up to me and asks me how I am going. I nod and say g'day mate. I'm good, how are you? The old guy picks I'm australian right off. Which surprizes me, as most americans always think I'm english. We talk for a bit. I tell him I'm getting a cab. Just be in the city all of 15 mins at most. He tells me yea, the taxi rank is 2min walk up. I tell him, yea I sorta can see it here mate. Then suddenly he looks around and asks me, do I want any drugs or hookers? I start laughing. I go, "mate, No I am fine". he keeps asking me and I tell him, I've only been in Las vegas 10-20mins. The guy looks dishearten, so I say, how about you find me the biggest breasted hooker, with 3 lines of drugs down her chest that I can lick and snort off and I'll be up for that! His eyes Just light up.. noticing, he's taking me very serious I laugh and say very quickly, I'm joking, Mate I am joking! He starts quickly speaking, he's not a cop, he's not a cop! At this point I'm just laughing so hard, nodding I go, Look I'm getting a taxi. have a good one. Make sure to visit my country one day.. And get the hell out of there!

Not really phased by this, I'm thinking what a blood introduction to las vegas. As I travel to the older part of vegas, the taxi driver is telling me how dodgy this area is. How much, I'm going ot have to look out for myself and when we pull up to the place I am staying at, he drivers right up too the door, mounting the sidewalk. I was sorta feeling like a vip of somesort charging out of danger!! I tell the guy thanks, give him couple bucks tip. I then check in and by the time I'm all sorted, Its about 330am. I walk down to reception and ask, does this city run 24/7? I'm told yes it does! So I head out into the night. As I'm walking up to main area, I can see this stero typical guy, in a white nike jumpsuit, gold chains, rings, diamonds, cell phones. As I walk up, he asks me do I want drugs or hookers Or both? I turned to him, half laughing, "mate, can I ask you a question?" pimpdady tells me,"yea sure, what?" with a half a smile I said, "Have I got, I need drugs and hookers tatooed across my forehead or something?" "I've only been in your city for a couple hours. This is the 2nd or 3rd offer." He turns to me and tells me, guys got to make a living. So I tell him, "well, everyone knows you don't do drugs and hookers on ya very first night in vegas. You sight see. You check the place out." On the 2nd night, you do all the bad shit. So walking away laughing, I tell him, I'll see him tomorrow. Which of course, wasn't going to happen.

So Vegas for me, within the first 2 hours, lived up to the title. City of sin. No where elses around the world, was I offer drugs/woman in such a short space of time. Hell, Maybe they thought I just needed to get laid and wasted? Who bloody knows, Life is an adventure. It will throw up paths you can take everyday. Which ones you take, are all up to you. I think I'm glad, I didn't dance with the devil in las vegas. But I'm not saying I didn't get to meet a few she devils along the way, while I was there! Vegas, has it all!

And you don't have to be even looking for it.. It will find you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home