Friday, February 11, 2005

Tottenham Hotspurs. We're Crap, but we still look good.


TottenHam Hotspurs. Followed these guys since the age of 8-10 years old. Why? Well when you areof that age and hear the name, tottenham hotspurs. Thats a very cool name. I was sorta drawn to the name and learnt the team was known to be creative and have some flair. Spurs were semi good, semi crap, back in those days. Little did I know, that the team would go on to have a mini golden era. Well compare to how they've played in the 90s till now, it was.

This game you see above was, Spurs vs everton. My brothers team is everton and I knew I had to see it live in london. I was feeling a 5-0 win to us and told my brother so. The score at the end of 90mins was spurs 3 everton 0. Fantastic!! Took that as an omen to the rest of my around the world trip.

Spurs rivals are Arsenal. The last derby match was a fantastic affair. I missed 89mins of the game, to walk into the pub, just seeing the huge screen on a angle. All I could see was spurs 4 arsenal 0, from all appearances. I raced closer to the screen with my spurs scarf flying, to suddenly see the arsenal score was not 0 but 5. The game ended tottenham 5 arsenal 6, or was it spurs 4 arsenal 5? One of those too.. But I laugh and was gutted at the same time. Glorious mess with my head!

Tottenham hotspurs current standings:

Spurs Home page

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home